Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Week of Travels


I am leaving today for a week of travels. I will go first to Detroit, where I will present at the 2011 National Health Care for the Homeless Regional Training. I will be speaking about Vicarious Traumatization. I also look forward to attending the conference, and hearing a presentation about Trauma-Informed Care by Scott Petersen, LCSW, and CADC; Laurie Hardin, MSSW.

On Tuesday I will travel on to Omaha, Nebraska, where I will attend the ATTACh Annual Conference, Attachment and Trauma Through the Eyes of a Child. I will have the opportunity to hear Edward Tronick, PhD speak about Peek-a-boo, Culture and Social Development: How Infant Meaning-Making Processes Are a Central Mechanism in Governing both Typical and Pathological Child Outcomes. I have heard Dr. Tronick at the Boston trauma conference, and I always learn a lot from him. I am also looking forward to hearing my dear friend and author of Risking Connection (among many other achievements and books) Laurie Anne Pearlman, PhD, Laurie will speak about Vicarious and Secondary Trauma: The Costs of Caring. I am also planning to learn about Integrative Treatment for Complex Trauma in Adolescents (ITCT-A) from John Briere, PhD. Karen Buckwalter, LCSW & Michael Trout, MA are presenting The Therapist as a Secure Base. It will be interesting to meet Michael Trout and tell him how much his video Multiple Transitions has meant to our Risking Connection learners.

There are also many other great leaders in our field at this conference. I will be discussing The Restorative Approach on Friday afternoon. I also look forward to seeing my friends from CALO. CALO is a sponsor of the conference.

If you are attending either of these conferences, please come up and say hello. I would love to meet you.

No comments: